WordCamp parents can now usher in the next generation of WordPress builders at our annual KidsCamp! Last year we expanded our kid’s workshops to TWO days. And it was awesome! Check out the videos below:
This year, we are once again encouraging parents and guardians to bring their kids to WordCamp Miami! Parents and guardians can now grab a ticket for their children ages 6 to 14 on the ticket page. We are finalizing plans and some surprises now. Here’s what you can expect:
– On Saturday (March 25th) and Sunday (March 26th) registered kids ages 6 to 14 can get their own “Child Theme” version of an attendee bag. It will hold some nice surprises and gifts especially for the kids.
– On Saturday, if your child is new to publishing on the web we will have a workshop devoted to teaching children w/ their parents how to safely and securely publish content on the web with WordPress (we will update this page with a link to more information on this workshop shortly). If your child attended last year we are offering a more advanced segment that will get your child learning more how to customize their site and publish from their mobile devices.
– Sunday is devoted to introducing coding to the young ones, starting with basic concepts with the goal of allowing them to edit their WordPress site/blog.
– Sunday afternoon children are welcome to join us for ice cream (and not just ANY ice cream – nitrogen frozen ice cream, just like last year).
– Also on Sunday: children and parents (along with the rest of our attendees) will be invited to hear our second kid’s panel. If your child blogs with WordPress and would like to talk about it, then please nominate them to be a part of the panel. Here’s our panel from last year:
Lunch both days will be provided, however if your child has a special diet please bring something just in case.
We aim to provide more information later this month. Please stay tuned and looking forward to seeing you next month!
Disclaimer: Interested WordPress parents or guardians will need to have a ticket for Saturday attendance purchased before signing up their junior creators. Parents will be responsible for staying with their child during KidsCamp, but may switch guardians during the course of the day if you are both attending. Each child will need his or her own laptop to work on. We are not providing daycare services at this time.