Let’s be blunt. Without volunteers, this event would never happen. WCMIA needs your help, and we are always open to new ways of trying to make things easier on those that step up.
Fill Out Our Volunteer Form
We use MailChimp for our forms, so you need to click here to fill out the volunteer form. Before you fill out the form, read below for what we are looking for:
Being a volunteer is a great way of giving back to the WordPress community and a chance a lot of great people that normally you might not have had a chance to talk to.
- We try to ask only for a few hours of help from our volunteers, but it’s preferred to be generally available March 24th-26th, 2017. March 25th is our busiest day and usually when we need the most help – even if you’re needed only briefly. If you are not available during one of those days, please let us know in advance.
- On the signup form, please pick something you would be interested in volunteering in but keep in mind we might not pick you for this. So pick multiple things.
- What we usually need the most help in:
- Setting Up
- Room “MCs” (keeping speakers on time)
- Crowd control during key times
- Helping with food
- Cleaning Up
- You must check-in on the day of the event(s) with your volunteer coordinator(s). More information will be in the emails we’ll be sending to approved volunteers.
- Volunteers adhere to our code of conduct.
- You will get an official email from WordCamp Miami Team when you have been selected. Don’t show up on the day of the event saying you are a volunteer… we won’t have the special name badge for you!
For general inquiries about volunteering or providing a volunteer service, please contact us here instead.